Saturday, December 29, 2012

Accepting a real humility from God in this life of faith may be one of the most difficult things to do.

Living like Luther is an interesting and novel idea. His pursuit of the truth and desire to set things right will always be remembered  He is one of those people who dared speak against the status quo, and had great success challenge the machine the church had become in his time. Some amount of thought has to go into what he would think of what has since transpired, with so many denominations and types of Christianity. He simply wanted to correct some errors.

Sadness overcomes my heart more that anything upon pondering the fragmented state of the body of Christ. Sometimes we split over really small things, sometimes over huge important topics and sometimes just to do it. I am one who has a certain set of beliefs, but at the same time I see myself constantly reviewing what I believe and why. There are a couple things I know that I know the truth on, the rest I would say hold variable degrees of questions or doubts. The most solid truth is contained in my own personal experiences of God, and some of the very rare insights I have been gifted to see.

At the same time, I do hold myself accountable to not being so in the know that I cannot learn from others, or seem in a world by myself because of what I believe. Accepting a real humility from God in this life of faith may be one of the most difficult things to do. I certainly cannot be the only one God reveals the truth to, and would actually say that perhaps God reveals certain aspects of faith in great detail to each if us, and when we are gathered together we can then get a fullness to these revelations, always confirming the truths established in the Bible. No one human could grasp the fullness of truth as it applies to our world today, and I believe that is one principal we see displayed in out differences, that many times we have different focuses and different cultures, pursuing the same God and Father of us all. Let our uniqueness shine bright as we join with all others in the one common faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment